Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mosaic Monday - A visit from Mr. E. T. Swallowtail


I had so much fun last week linking up with Mary at the Little Red House for Mosaic Monday I decided I just had to do it again. This week is about a showy little fellow. Mr. Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. Although native to Nebraska, he isn't really a regular visit in the western part of the state. However I have been lucky enough to have several visitors every year. I think they migrate through like the little Hummingbird does, but not really sure. He sure was a pretty little thing and my little grandson enjoyed his visit also.


His bright yellow body with with black stripes gained him the name of a tiger, the pretty little blue spots on his tail sure add color to his little body.


This guy is good to look at sitting upright or spread eagle.





And he didn't seem to mind that Jaxon touched him, he actually flitted around his hand and at one point lit on top of his head for a second. He knows something sweet when he sees it.


Mr. E.T. Swallowtail stayed around all afternoon and entertained my Jaxon with his antics.


Please be sure to stop by Mary's and see all the wonderful posts.


7 comments:

My name is Riet said...

What beautiful pictures and mosaic. And a gorgeous little boy

Regina said...

How amazing and lovely!
Have great week.

Brandi said...

Oh, my goodness! Look how little my Jaxon was! Awesome pics!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Good photos of the swallowtail. It's always nice to see little people learn about butterflies and other insects.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Gorgeous butterfly shots! And adorable child! :-)

Mary said...

Oh how lovely and such cute pics of your grandson, too! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Love the photos. Butterflies are just something incomparable to other creatures for me. I just think they are soooo beautiful!

Unbelievable how much little Jax has grown since then.

Makes me wish I had a "rewind" button again!

Followers

Search This Blog