Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa fills my kitchen




When I first started decorating my kitchen the colors I had in there were perfect for my red, white, Santa theme I had going on. I really hadn't planned on a theme however you all know how something starts and just builds. When I recently changed my kitchen to the tuscany colors I love so much I thought I should change my holiday kitchen decor to match. BUT I just couldn't. My wonderful daughter bought me these plates a few years back when we shared a a business together and I treasure them so much so, I now have a tuscany, red, white, Santa theme going on. Take a look, it isn't so bad.


The plates are from my daughter. The pictures that you really can't see well are three of my 7 grannies and the shiny Santa at the top was a gift from my talented and wonderful cousin Brenda.

Maybe it is because I am a Swede but I love the Scandinavian felted ornaments, they adorn every available spot on my tree. The cross stich was made by my good friend Kay Buecker, she is very talented and I have several of  her pieces and love each and every one.


A closer look at that cross stitch. Isn't it grand?





Aagh there is that great Santa purchase I made a couple weeks ago. Still haven't got Jeff to help me hang it but I will.........

I love the look at night. I can sit in the dark except for the Christmas lights and just inhale Christmas.



Oops, didn't finish my decorating before this was taken but I like to turn the flash off and just use over head light.



One of my lamps got kicked out of the living room due to lack of space and I hated to just stick it in the cupboard so I put it on the counter. I think that it will stay there even after the Christmas decorations are put away.



Just a closer look at the ornaments on the kitchen tree.




Oh there is another Scandinavian ornament.........and HO HO HO to all of  you!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

great job on all your decor. I am in love with your santa picture... I want something like that. Thanks for sharing your festiveness!

Shay said...

Beautiful, but I must ask...Is that one of your pictures you took of the baby in Santa's hands?! I must know. I'd love to get Carle in Santa's hands... Email me if you would. THANKS!
shaywelling (at) yahoo (dot) com

Great job on the Ft dinner, it looks absolutly gorgous!

Robin Beck said...

Oh Debbie, it is beautiful! I've got the red and white theme going this year too and just love it! I love the plates your daugther got you~♥

Your photos on your header is amazing! I love the snow so much. It's rare for us to get it here in Seattle so I really enjoy the pictures you have on here of your snow.

Take Care,
Robin~♥

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

You have a beautiful home, Deb. How right you are when you say you can sit and enjoy the lights and just breathe Christmas. I feel the same way. It is my favorite time of year.

The Ft Rob dinner was fantastic -- I know you work really hard to pull that off -- thanks for everything you did! It was awesome!

The Clamors said...

ah, looks great Deb! you can help me decorate for Christmas any time!!

Brandi said...

It's beautiful and very festive! I wish I could decorate like you....

Lisa said...

Wow, I love all of your decor! And your blog, too. Wish I could be at the progressive dinner, too. I miss all of you girls.

Jessica said...

I so love this...your tree is full of charm and cherished memories. The cross stitch is gorgeous. The dishes are lovely, too.

I want to thank you for visiting my little blog~ I enjoy reading your comments, they are always so nice. :)

J~

Maria Berg said...

Yes we do have a few Scandinavian felted ornaments, here but I would not hang them in the tree to somewhere els in the house.

So your family is from Sweden, what part and for how long time ago? MB

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh Debbie, thanks for letting us into your home to see your beautiful decorations. So warm, cozy and inviting. Did you all get alot of snow? Family in Nebraska got 16". We were lucky and just got a skiff but "cold" temps. Thanks for swinging by darling. Pop in any 'ole time.. hugs ~lynne~

Renae said...

Debbie,
Thanks for coming by! You have a beautiful Klan...

Blessings...

Followers

Search This Blog