Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My baby had a baby...........


On November 21 at 6:14 in the morning my youngest son became a father. What a tug at the heart it was to watch  my seventh grandchild come into this world.  Lucas Jeffrey Kennedy was born weighing 9 lbs. 4 oz. and was 21 3/4 inches long. I can't tell you how it felt to watch as Damion helped his wife through hours of delivery. He was by her side the entire time, encouraging her, holding her hand, dabbing the sweat off her face, whatever he could do to help ease the burden of childbirth. Little Lucas gave his mom a tussle coming out, he made his appearance after many hours of induced labor and 3 intense hours of pushing. Our little Daunee' was at a point of sheer exhaustion by the time Lucas decided to arrive.  The crowd cheered and clapped for the little guy as he took his first breath. I say crowd because what was just suppose to be a couple of people turned into two grandma's, one grandpa, two aunts, one midwife, one doctor, 4 nurses and of course his mom and dad. (one of those little perks from being a nurse at the hospital). I met some of the nicest people at that hospital  and was amazed at the wonderful care they gave Daunee and Damion and their families. I was also fortunate enough to get to know Daunee's family a little better, especially her mom. I truly enjoyed some long talks during the many hours we spent together. When I left Sheridan today tears streamed down my face, not from sadness (well maybe a little cuz I knew I wouldn't see Lucas for a few weeks) but mostly for happiness for my son. Congratulations to my son and daughter in-law.





























8 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Oh my goodness...Congratulations Grandma!
What amazing photos!

I know you will have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Robin~♥

Misty said...

Beautiful photos! Congrats to all!

The Clamors said...

congrats Deb! beautiful!

beckyw said...

AWWWWWWW! Grammie Debbie!!! How special it was that you were there! How beautiful, special and exciting! Congrats! Hugs to all!

Brandi said...

Amazing photos! Gosh, you are getting old if you have 7 grandkids already! Wow! Just Kidding'! Hahahahaha!

Lisa said...

Oh, so precious. Congratulations!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Deb-- I love your photography. It is amazing to be a part of all the experiences we have as mothers and grandparents, but even more amazing when you can share those photos that "put us in the moment", if you will, for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing your outstanding artform, and your gorgeous family!!

Lucas is lucky to have such wonderful parents and grandparents.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you will have celebrating this beautiful new grandchild. He is really a cutie. Congratulations. Hugs, Marty

Followers

Search This Blog