Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day Dreamin'

Now that the weather is starting to warm up my daydreams, thoughts are going to remodeling my old gargage into my Cottage Garden Studio. I have been dreaming about this for many a year and because of my back problems have had to put it on the back burner for some time. But now, a year after back surgery, I am ready to put my back into it,  so to speak, and get to work. I have a file of photos and ideas that I have been collecting for inspiration plus some wonderful finds to decorate with when I am done. My husband calls it junk but I say "One man's junk is one woman's treasures"!! Ok, the saying isn't exactly like that but in my house it pertains to my hubby and myself.
 

I just love the scroll work on the eve's of this little studio I found on the BH&G website. And the bright splash of red really catches my eye. How about that cute little wicker chair sitting by the door along with a braided rug. I could just see myself sitting out there enjoying my garden. I missed a chance to buy a set of white wicker furniture, two chairs, loveseat, and small table for a little of nothing on our local swap shop. Boy was I bummed!

And the architectual windows just make this little structure absolutely one of my favorites. I also like the french doors on the front. I do have have a pair of those hiding in my 'junk' pile to put on the end of my studio. I love the boxwood surrounding the plants with the birdbath as a focal point. And the old picket fence..I have some of that stored too.

Put I also like the doors on this shed. I think cutting them in half would just be adorable. I love pale yellow in the garden, it just blends in so well. Take a look at that bright yellow water pump. I have one of those too, my hubby painted it red but I'm likin' that yellow.


And how about a shovel for a doorknob? Wouldn't that just add to the whimsy?
Oh - I just can't wait to get started!
Happy Spring Days to all my blogging buddies! May your daydreams come true!

5 comments:

beckyw said...

We saw three robins today! YAHOOOOO!!!!! Spring is here my friend! Let the gardening dreams commence!

The Clamors said...

I LOVE the blue-red color of the shed in the first picture! I think it would look perfect on yours & would go along well with the color of your house. It would just look awesome!!!

I LOVE the door knocker too! What an ingenious idea! I guess we can turn just about anything into a door knocker huh? Wow!

Hey, btw, I called you 2nite to see if you wanted your car tomorrow. Do ya? Guess not. Ok. I'll keep it :) Love ya Deb!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I would love to have any one of those as my own little studio! I'm sure my hubby would love it, too--maybe all my crafty junk wouldn't be strewn all over everywhere!

Connie said...

Our spring still has snow! But I know there's a promise of spring with our daffodils and the popcorn on the apricot tree!
Can't wait to get out in the garden!

Love the pictures on your previous post!
Have a wonderful day!

Jess -n- Jason -n- Crew said...

Wow, the inspiration that comes alive in Spring!! I'm so ready!!! Hope your gardening dreams come true!! Happy Wednesday!

Followers

Search This Blog