Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Chippy Door!

This is my chippy door - it leads to the cellar at my garden. I don't like that cellar, it is dark, damp and I imagine all kinds of creepy crawlies living down there. However it does have it's use. To store squash, potatoes, pumpkins, onions etc. But I still don't like it. I might if a tornado came along, AND I was down in the garden but mostly I just don't like it - until my good friend Jackie said "Put a wreath on it". Of course decorate it, why hadn't I thought of that? But it worked - it made that creepy ole cellar something of a work or art. Yes, I think I like my cellar now.

3 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

How could you have never noticed before just how BEAUTIFUL that door is?!

Let me know if you want to join THE BUNNY HOP PARTY on Bunny Jeans Decor and More.

xoxo Bunny Jean

p.s. Could I feature you and your door on my INSPIRATIONS blog? Just leave me a comment on that blog if you are interested.

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Love your Chippy door & Wreath :))
At least from this side, I guess if a tornadoe was coming I'de feel differently about the other side of the door too :)
Have a Great weekend ~

Dream Mom said...

LOVE your chippy door. It is quite beautiful.

If you didn't like the chippy paint, (I love it though:) you could always paint it a color you love, then it might make your cellar seem less scary. I say, put something you love in the cellar and begin to think of all of good that cellar does such as storing your veggies down there and all of the good nutrition those home grown vegetables provide. Plant some flowers near the cellar door and make it a grand entrance. Work with what you have and soon you will feel differently. I think the wreath looks great.

Followers

Search This Blog