Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The 'garden'

This year I OWN my garden vs renting the ground that we have done previously. So with pen and paper in hand, big dreams, gardening books and sad to say little to no money I couldn't wait to get my 3 1/2 acres set up for gardening. Then the weather set in cold, wet and WET! With most of the soil a very non draining clay I couldn't do what I had planned this year and what I did do was a very late start. With the warm weather and nice moisture it is really starting to grow.


Any garden I have HAS to hollyhocks, these are seeds planted from some taken from my mom's home some 25 years ago. They go with me everywhere. And yard art takent fromt he scrap pile. I did say little to no money so I have to work with what I have on hand.
The cream can actually says Kennedy on it - so I guess it's mine for sure!

Started work on the playhouse. Can you see it in the background? Squash........that's the color I started painting it. Just seems like a pumpkin patch and fall lover would need a nice sounding color like SQUASH!!
Someday it will have real paned windows, a split door and beadboard but for now, one side is painted, has a faux window and a little window box.


My corn wasn't  knee high by the 4th of July, unless you were looking at one of my little grannie's legs but it was knee high by the 14th of July. That counts doesn't it?



PUMPKINS!!

The new fence that Jeff is putting up around the garden.

My birthday present from Twila, in the little kid's flower bed. BEEautiful!


More PUMPKINS! I did get them in a little late but then, I think they should be just perfect around Halloween - hope they make lots of pumpkins for the little kiddos around the town!

That's the end of my garden walk, maybe a little later in the season we will do it again and see what's growing.

1 comment:

Shay said...

Congrats on the big purchase! May you have many years of healthy, happy gardening as Mrs. Avey did. So happy for you and your family!

Followers

Search This Blog