Friday, July 24, 2009
Grandmas - shared by Lisa!
1. Grandmas believe you really do have superhero powers.
2. Grandmas let you eat your dessert first.
3. Grandmas let you wear your Spiderman costume all day long for 3 days in a row.
4. Grandmas amaze you by reading your mind.
5. Grandmas let you circle all the toys you want for Christmas in her brand new Penney's catalog.
6. Grandmas play Candyland with you and when you're not looking she switches the cards so she has to go clear back to the gingerbread man and you get to go clear up to the ice cream cone.
7. Grandma eats the leftover crusts from your pizza.
8. Grandmas give you quarters for the big gumball machine and the mechanical horsies.
9. Grandmas say, "It's okay, everyone has accidents," when you spill your 16 oz. soda all over her carpet.
10. Grandmas spend $6.00 to take you to a movie that you fall asleep in.
11. Grandmas have flaps of soft velvety skin that dangles from her upper arms, and she lets you sit beside her and rub it.
12. Grandmas always leave the night light on.
13. Grandmas sing silly songs, make goofy faces, and do weird things to make you laugh.
14. Grandmas love you more than the sky is high and the ocean is deep.
15. Grandmas don't have laps, at least the jolly ones don't!
16. Grandmas take time to smell the roses, look at pictures in the clouds, and count the number of legs on a spider.
17. Grandmas believe you are the smartest, prettiest, fastest, cutest, child that has ever or will ever be born.
18. Grandmas can run pretty fast when you're headed for the street!
19. Grandmas make you teddy bear shaped pancakes, let you put M & M's in your spaghetti, and let you paint her fingernails with magic markers.
20. Grandmas have all the answers to questions like why a blue gemstone has more powers for superheros than green ones, why Waldo never changes his sweater, does Spiderman's mom make him take a bath, and how does God fly when he doesn't have wings.
21. Grandmas love dandelions, cool shaped rocks, pieces of shiny glass, and handprints.
22. Grandmas don't like runny noses, dirty faces, and uncombed hair.
23. Grandmas let you order your own meal at a restaurant instead of making you split something with your little sister.
24. Grandmas are younger than you think and older than they think.
25. Grandmas believe in God, teach you how to pray, and tell you that you have nothing to be afraid of. Grandmas talk to God like they are talking to you. Grandmas know there is a God.....because she has seen Him in the faces of her grandchildren.
Posted by Debbie at 11:11 AM