I am so excited that I can sit for more than a few seconds at the computer. I have missed reading the blogs and seeing how everyone is doing. My back is doing great. I won't lie, it was a tough surgery, and not for the faint at heart but.........at present I am pretty much pain free. WooHoo!! I am still off from work until March, and still can not bend, stoop or lift. In 2 1/2 months they will x-ray my back to see how the graft has done but my Dr. sounds positive and if I mind my p's and q's the graft should be good.
Things I have learned from my surgery.
1. My daughter is an amazing, compassionate, caring woman and she IS my hero!
2. That my friends are the "BEST" of Best Friends
3. That I need to be a better friend.
4. That I need to respect the word "major" when talking about surgery
5. That Jeff knows how to cook, well at least soup and sandwiches! And, can run the dishwasher & wash clothes!!
6. That while on pain meds, no one should tell me something and think I will remember it! (Sorry Jeff & Damion)
7. That being able to put on socks is a blessing.
8. To pray the Rosary! Thank you Damion and Daunee' - your faith is strong and catching.
9. That the Wilson's are very thoughtful
10. That God always has the answers for me.....I just need to listen
11. That yesterday I could walk 2 blocks and today it was 3!